6 Jun 2013

It's all in the wrist action.....


Apparently! Well clearly I'm out of practise and mine ain't what it used to be... wrist action that is ;-)
So Annie Sloan, you and your delicious chalk paint has broken me.
Well it's broken my wrists anyway!
A full day painting and I'm nearly there. I LOVE the effect of this paint. I've been painting it on pretty thick and achieving a kind of lime wash effect. Truly delicious!


It's pretty hard to tell from this photo just how gorgeous the walls are looking but trust me...they look great!

On account of taking down a zillion shelves during operation clear out I had a stack of rawl plugs left in the wall. I tried to remove them but oh no....these suckers were special cavity ones and couldn't be budged without practically taking half the wall with them so I just had to cover them with filler and hope for the best! Except someone *whistles* seems to have thrown out her sandpaper....
But fear not....guess what I found in my much smaller stash collection?.....


Heidi Swapp scrapbookers sandpapers hahahaha! I just KNEW that would come in handy one day!
Sooo glad I didn't put it in one of the donate/sell/throw piles hehehe! There are reasons for hoarding stash!!! Anyway these little beauties did the trick and smoothed over that filler like a dream.


So now I have a room that is painted, almost tidy (!!!!)......roller blind fitted to the window and some lovely lace curtains. 





Look! The sun even came out! I want this room to have a vintage vibe, hence the lace curtains. I have seen THE most delicious wallpaper for a feature wall but am still trying to track down a UK supplier. The little owl guy is called Mr E Hoot...he was made by this lovely lady and I just adore him. Unfortunately so does Mika and she constantly bats him around the room lol. But there again...that's cats for you!!!

Right I think that's enough gossip for one day! That and my wrists are pretty much finished!!!!
Next time I'll share a little hooky project I'm working on :-)

Til then x


1 comment:

  1. Mika is in training with mr.hoot for summertime kitty exploits!
    Anita
    X

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS