22 Jun 2014

Progress....

Well! Since I returned from my lovely break in Holland my feet don't seem to have touched the ground! Busy, busy busy!!!
Work has been crazy busy and I've been out and about practising my photography skills. It's still work in progress but I can definitely see improvements!

I have been squeezing in some hooky time....honest!!! My Scheepjeswol Invicta blanket is almost joined!


Whenever I got the chance I've been joining, joining, joining....


I started joining using a zig zag method but was not happy at all with the effect so ripped it all out and started again! Such a gorgeous delicate square needed something quite solid to show it off to it's full advantage I thought.


The colours are just stunning in this yarn! It's Invicta Colour and edged with Invicta Extra.


I always join in the same order (Virgo!!!)...I lay out all the squares, put them in little piles so I know which order and then start the joining process. Because this is quite a solid join it's taking longer than usual but I'm really pleased with how it's looking so far.


The Vivid Green is making all the other colours POP!!!!


Have you heard the latest news???? Deramores has started to stock a range of Scheepjeswol yarns!!! I am soooo pleased :-) It now means that hookers outside Holland can now get their hands on the yummy yarns! Go check it out! I've been lucky enough to use all the yarns they have in stock and I can't recommend them highly enough!

Til next time!
Mx





3 comments:

  1. Don't suppose you'd share the pattern for that square? It's LOVELY! quite different from so many I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pattern called Shell Collection by Shelley Husband :-) http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shell-collection-6-granny-square

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much.....found it and downloaded....it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS