5 Jul 2014

Another day.....

Another project to start!

Ah the joys of crochet. I always feel strangely bereft when a project finishes. So what's better than to welcome into the house some new yarn and therefore a new project?!

As the last blanket seemed to take forever to finish, I decided I needed a nice, simple and quick project to work on.

Something bright and cheerful! Well what can I say????....


Let me introduce you to Cotton 8 by Scheepjeswol!
Now don't those colours just make you smile?


Now I've been lucky enough to use this yarn before and it's by far my favourite cotton. 
Because of the high twist you don't get the usual and very annoying splitting! Oh and there's 48 colours to chose from!


I would describe it as sport weight.


The recommended hook size is 3mm (I tend to use 3.5mm with this yarn), 50g gives 170m of delicious 100% cotton yarn.

I've chosen the following colours for my next project:

Black - 515 (not pictured)
White - 502
Purple - 661
Blue - 563
Light Blue - 622
Bright Green - 517
Light Green - 642
Yellow - 714
Orange - 716
Burnt Orange - 671
Red - 510

For all of the readers outside Holland, Cotton 8 is now stocked by Deramores :-)

Sooooo..... what to make?????

I saw this photograph of a quilt on Pinterest. Someone had pinned it and written that it would make a cool crochet project...and you know what? I thought so too!!! 


The plan is to make simple closed granny squares and replicate the colours in the photo.
I've made a start and so far so good!

Tomorrow I'm hoping to share some reveal photos of the completed Invicta Blanket (weather permitting!!!)

Til then 
Mx

2 comments:

  1. As always, you choose the most fabulous inspiration!
    A/x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea, I might have to copy you...hugs, Heike xx

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS