6 Jul 2014

Without Further Ado.....

I give you....

KALEIDOSCOPE DREAMS!










As you can see by the number of TA DAH!!!! pics, I am truly smitten with the finished blanket!
It's been a long time in the making but worth every minute (I hope you agree!)

Thankfully the rain stayed away long enough for me to drive to my local beach and harbour, mind you, I was down there at silly o'clock this morning haha! I had quite a few puzzled looks as I was heading down the slipway with blanket and camera... I was surprised at just how many folks are around so early in the morning!

Details, Details!!!

Yarn
Scheepjeswol Invicta Colour - 968 (300g used)
Scheepjeswol Invicta Colour - 960 (300g used)
Scheepjeswol Invicta Extra - 1466 (375g used)
Hook - 4mm
Square Pattern - Shell Collection by Shelley Husband (Spincushions on Instagram and Ravelry)
Border Pattern - Adapted by myself (details to follow)
I made 88 squares in total and joined them 8x11. The finished blanket size is 127cm wide and 178cm long.
I started it on 13th April and it was finally finished 4th July!
Phew!!!

I was going to write a tutorial for the squares but Shelley's instructions are very very clear! Instead I'll share my border instructions/pattern with you all very soon!

Join me tomorrow when I shall be taking part in a blog hop and there might be a sneaky peek of the latest WIP!

Til then
Mx

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Thank you so much for choosing my pattern for this gorgeous blanket. I love how you've used the yarn and added the green. The border is just lovely and really makes it all work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Maria. Love the border too, will add this to my list of blankets I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that in Cornwall or another part of the south west? I'm feeling home sick looking at the lovely photos!! The blanket is gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The photos were taken just down the road from me in the little harbour at Seaton Sluice in Northumberland! We have a gorgeous coastline here x

      Delete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS