30 Dec 2017

Water Lilies Blanket Reveal!

Hi Folks!
Hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas and are gearing up to celebrate the start of a happy and healthy New Year 😊

I have been busy finishing my Water Lilies blanket....and maybe starting a couple of new projects!
Enjoying some quiet hooky time over the festive period.

Today I'm revealing the finished blanket and I will be sharing the pattern, instructions and yarn requirement details tomorrow. It's my final blog project for 2017 and I really hope that you like it as much as I do. I'm a little bit in love with this blanket.....I think it will become my sofa snuggle blanket for these dark and chilly winter nights.

If you remember from my last post, I was making lots and lots of three round solid granny squares with Scheepjes Secret Garden yarn. 
Once I had decided on the size of the finished blanket, I laid out all of the blocked squares on the rug and took a quick photo to remind me of the colour order....


The plan was to then join them in this order....only I managed to reverse it!!!!
This is what happens whilst supping gin and tonic!!!

I decided on a fairly simple, narrow border to give a bit of a frilly edge effect.
I think it looks great....but boy it took some blocking! I dread to think how many pins were used!
Anyway here we go......I give you my Water Lilies Blanket!


It was a REALLY bad light day here....forgive the picture quality haha


It's not a huge blanket, but more than ample for sofa snuggling!


I love the frilly edge 😍


It just frames the blanket perfectly.


I'll leave you with the obligatory crumpled blanked photo 😉
This is how the blanket is right now.....over my legs....it's bloody freezing here haha!

Til tomorrow x

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS